Saturday, 24 June 2017

Xgen - Hair test 2

Same base curves as previous, but further research into Xgen settings. gives the ability to move separate hair clumps. Also figured out how to get a first render - as it doesn't work as you think it would as there are some hidden settings.

Xgen - Hair Test 1

For this first test, curves where just roughly placed as not to complicate things. Its very rough but can see the basics of how the software works and how accurate you will have to be with the curves to build the actual model. But I do want to make disnyish hair, so will carry on learning this method.

Thursday, 11 May 2017

Adaptation B - Reflective Statement

I feel the modeling stage of this project went really well, with guidance from the tutors I was able to achieve a fully modeled, rigged and textured character model to what I think to be at quite a high level for my 2years experience in the Maya software. My critique went well and was happy to hear that I could carry this project into next year. I thought that my idea for the narrative section of the project has strong origins for character development and cinematic values, but due to the time I spent on the character development and asset, I neglected to think about the core narrative principles of premise and names. I plan to go back to the beginning of this project now, so I can develop the core story and plot.

The criticism that I did receive, and totally agree with, is my lack of explanation to the processes that I am using on my blog and that I need a more professional approach to my blogging language. I do find how to express myself a real challenge and this was totally reflected in my presentation, I stumbled on words and forgot to talk about the most important part of the narrative which would of really cemented the idea. I'm not taking this as a negative though, just want to work on rectifying the problem.

But, I'm super happy with the progress I am making and quite excited to develop my adaptation B project to the next level in year 3.

Tuesday, 9 May 2017

Adaptation B - @Alan Extra Renders

Hi Alan, would you include extra turn around renders of these poses, going for the whole Tankgirl attitude or keep as stills, Do you think they work, thanks

Sunday, 7 May 2017

Adaptation B - Teeth

Getting a real strange shadow on the front of the teeth,  which is getting on my wick. as I cant see whats causing it.

Adaptation B - Colours Back

Taken a render from the face cam, the rig is fun to use, though the mouth is quite tricky to get a natural shape, but will keep trying